Josh and I wanted to take Luke to Disney World in Orlando for his birthday. Brad spent the day with his Papa so that we could get around the park a bit easier without a stroller. We will go back one day when Brad is a little older, and that will be much easier to do since we are moving back to Florida in a few weeks!
Josh and Luke at the entrance
Me and Luke at the entrance
watching a show being performed at Cinderella's castle, it looked like the whole Disney cast was a part of it.
It's a Small World Ride
Carousel
Teacups- Luke wasn't so sure about this one. Josh didn't want to ride it because he thought it might make him sick. I love this ride and wanted to spin and spin, but Luke didn't like the spinning and he was TERRIFIED of the mouse that keeps popping up and down in the center tea kettle!
Racecars. One of Luke's favorites of the day. He wanted me to ride with him, which worked out fine since both he and Josh wanted to drive :)
Taking a break to eat, the food was pretty good!
The other favorite of Luke's: BUZZ! Although he didn't want to get too close. He still asks me to this day if someone was wearing Buzz, was it the real Buzz, or was it a robot. The actual answer: it was a plastic statue that moved and talked, so I guess Robot is the best option.
We did a little gift shopping, Luke got a Goofy hat! I tried to get him Micky Mouse ears like I had as a child, but Josh had gotten a Goofy hat as a child and Luke sided with Daddy.
Trying to get a family shot on the windy boat ride back to the parking lot. It was 4:30, Luke lasted all day in great spirits with no nap. Definitely a success, we all had a great time. It truly was Luke's happiest place on earth. He got two pins when we bought our tickets, one that said "It is my birthday" and one that said "It is my first visit." Josh and I each got a pin that said "I'm celebrating."
30 minutes later as we were driving down I-4 back to my parents house.
What a great day, I look forward to weekend Disney trips in our future!!


No comments:
Post a Comment