Right back where I left off, we were in California in June. After leaving San Diego we headed up the state to Cambria where we stayed the night. Josh, Matt, Jayce, and I had a nice Italian dinner out in the little town square while the boys stayed with Grammy and Papa at our hotel (which was more like little cottages than a hotel). The next day we toured Hearst Castle. It was incredible, it is set atop a mountain so high that even though it was cold and rainy/cloudy at the bottom where the tourist center was, it was clear/sunny and warm up at the castle. There are several houses at the top, not just one big castle. It was very beautiful and the history behind it was so interesting. Definitely worth checking out if you are out that way. Now, the tour is not really made for small children but I happy to report Luke did not get scolded for crossing the ropes or leaving the carpet trail like some other kid did :)
Since my arms were full with Brad and Josh had his hands full keeping Luke in check, I didn't take any pictures with my camera. Jayce was kind enough to take some for me so when I get those I can post them. Look it up online though in the meantime if you are interested.
After the tour we continued on our way to Monterey. We stopped alongside the highway to see the elephant seals.


No comments:
Post a Comment