Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Birthday

I turned 31 in June and for my birthday I wanted to eat Japanese food, one of my favorites! We usually avoid the hibachi table experience and just eat in the dining room at regular tables. I mean, once you've seen it once (or 20 times) you pretty much know what you are missing. (I may also have a slight fear of flaming onions and twirling knives...I just don't need that kind of excitement before I eat my food). However, for this occasion, I thought maybe Luke might enjoy seeing the show since he's never experienced it before. Our friends Carl and Amanda joined us for dinner...thanks to Amanda for the video and pictures from that evening as I forgot my camera.

Sitting at the table






Luke was a little frightened of the pyrotechnics the first time they occurred, so Amanda videoed his reaction to the flaming onion demonstration. Although he is a little cautious, he didn't react as much to the second fire show. Notice though that I am way far back from the table :)



What Japanese birthday celebration would be complete without a gong, a song, dessert, and embarrassment?



No comments: