Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Trip to Gainesville

We trekked on down to Gainesville to watch the Gators take on USF (where Josh went to med school) for the first time ever. We had a nice weekend away from Atlanta and Josh even took the day off on Friday so we had a 3 day weekend. We stayed with his aunt and uncle in Ocala and Josh's brother Matt also joined us for the weekend. On Saturday everyone but me and Luke headed to the game. I just didn't think sitting outside in the hot sun as pregnant as I was then and also with a 3 year old who can't really sit through a game yet was a good idea. So Luke and I headed to Gainesville to meet up with my doctoral mentor Ann and her family. My friend from UF Melissa and her son Logan also met up with us at Ann's house and we had a great afternoon watching the game and having a delicious lunch. We took the boys to the playground in the neighborhood and it was so hot that I couldn't keep Luke out of the pool so I stripped his clothes and he went in in his pull-up! I can't believe I never once took out the camera and I have no pictures of the fun afternoon :(
The Gators won so everyone was happy! We went back to Ocala and met up with my parents and my brother and his fiancee Ansev for dinner. It was back to Atlanta on Sunday. Quick, but fun weekend away!

Josh's uncle David works with the Florida Highway Patrol and has a cruiser of his own. Luke was so enthralled with it and he just had to get in it. This I did take a couple of pictures of :)



No comments: